Monday, April 22, 2013

Baby Shower gift completed

I'm happy to say that I completed the Forest Friends ensemble for my niece's baby shower coming up next weekend.  The main quilt is a forest scene with animals and a tree with owls and birds.  I also made three coordinating receiving blankets, with different color backings, all in a soft cuddly flannel. 
On top of finishing the quilt, I was able to attend a quilt show at the local Fair Grounds this weekend.  It was hosted by one of the local Quilt Guilds, which I ended up joining before the day was out.  It must have been my lucky day as I won one of the raffle items - a 10 yard bundle of 18 various batik fabrics.

To finish off the weekend I picked up a UFO (unfinished quilt project) and worked on it for a few hours.  It's a crazy nine patch that is cut and sewn back together three separate times.  I can only work on it when I can really focus as one wrong cut and I'll botch the whole thing up.

Not sure what project to begin next.

Luv in Stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment