Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mothers Day Project and UFO

One of my friends asked me if she could commission a specific quilt from me. She wanted to see if I could pull together a quilt for her Grandmother for Mothers Day.  She knew it was it was short notice as I'd only have three weeks to find the fabrics, piece it together and quilt it.  I said I was up for the challenge.  I'm happy to say that I located the fabric yesterday and with any luck I will have it in my hands on Saturday so that I can start on the project.  It's going to be a 16 block log cabin done in batik fabrics.  Half the fabrics are in a gold tone color way while the other half has blues, greens, burgundy, and gold (think rich tropical).  She wants the back to have a color splash so I'm waiting for the fabric to arrive so I can take it to my local quilt store to see what inspires me.

As for my UFO.  It's a crazy nine patch that takes a lot of concentration.  It's done in a romantic mauve, seafoam and yellow color way.  I've committed to finishing the remaining 10 blocks, at least one a day.  Then of course they'll need to be sewn together and a backing picked out.  I don't have a specific person in mind for this quilt.  I may keep it or it may go up for sale.  Time will tell.

Here's the color pallet and the end block once it's be cut and sewn together two additional times. (don't mind the little markers on the photo, they help me from getting lost)



Luv in Stitches
luvinstitches@gmail.com
Those who sleep under a Quilt, sleep under a blanket of LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment